Student Enrollment

Enrollment Application [In & Out of District]

In-district & Out of District Student Frequently Asked Questions

What does the policy state?

Beginning Fall 2016, students who live outside the Russellville city limits who wish to attend Russellville City Schools will be required to apply, pay tuition, and provide their own transportation.

Why is the district doing this?

Residents of the city of Russellville pay 17.8 mils of ad valorem tax to the city to help fund our schools. Russellville City Schools spends approximately $1,750 of local tax dollars per student per year. As of 2016, Russellville City Schools had over 900 students that live outside the city limits of Russellville attending schools in the district. That represents $1.5 million of negative spending. We must ensure that those living in the city limits of Russellville are getting the benefit of the increased ad valorem taxes or that those living outside the city limits of Russellville pay a comparable fee to attend school in the district.

Also, most of our schools are at or nearing capacity. We do not currently have the funds available to finance the amount of capital projects that we need to comfortably house all of our students. Projections are for our student population to continue to increase over the next few years. This would make new building projects inevitable without enacting a district policy.

How much will I have to pay?  

Students that live outside the Russellville city limits must apply to attend school in the district and, if accepted, will pay $600 tuition (per student, per year). Tuition does not include the normal fees, dues, etc.

Will I have to pay if I work in the district?

Students of full-time Russellville City Schools employees who live out of district will be accepted at no charge if they meet the admittance criteria.

When did this take effect?  

The policy took effect the beginning of the 2016-2017 school year.    

What if I live in Russellville city limits?  How do I enroll my child in Russellville City Schools?  

For those who live inside the city limits, you will only need to provide proof of residency for a first time student enrollment.

What are accepted proof of residency documents?

  1. A birth certificate or court records showing the student’s parents, custodial parent or legal guardian.

  2. A deed, lease or rental agreement for a property inside the Russellville city limits in which the student resides with the parent(s), custodial parent, or legal guardian.

  3. A current utility bill with a matching address of the deeded or leased property in a parent or legal guardian's name. (Cable bills will not be accepted.)

May I fax or email my proof of residency to the school?

Yes. Be sure to include the student’s name on all documents uploaded through PowerSchool Enrollment.

What if utilities are included in my lease?

If any of the utilities are included in your lease, and if this is noted on your lease, then the lease will suffice for proof of residency.

Is a cell phone bill acceptable documentation to satisfy proof of residency?

No. Only a home telephone (landline) bill satisfies this requirement.  

Where do I apply?