Alabama State Department of Education Information
The ACAP Summative will be administered to grades 2-8, once a year, in the spring, starting in spring 2020.
- The assessment will be administered 100% online, with the exception of documented need for paper assessments.
- The content areas to be addressed are math and English/language arts, to include a writing section.
- In addition, grades 4,6, and 8 will be administered an assessment in science.
The Grade 2 assessment will not be used for measuring achievement for accountability purposes but will serve as a baseline for 3rd-grade growth.
- The writing assessment will be administered to students in grades 4-8 and will comprise a text dependent analysis in order to develop a comprehensive, holistic essay response. The demand required of a student's reading and writing skills in response to a text-dependent analysis prompt is similar to the demands required for a student to be a college -and -career ready.
- Test items will be aligned to the Alabama Courses of Study.
ACAP Summative Online Tools
Data Recognition Corporation (DRC), ALSDE's testing vendor, has provided a training environment called the Online Tools Training to help students learn about the online testing system and familiarize themselves with the user interface in advance of testing.
- Students can access the OTT as often as needed or desired, either in the classroom or from home.
- The OTT allows students to experience the same testing interface they will encounter during operational testing and to experiment with the features and tools that will be available during an actual test. As students move thought the OTT practice items, grade-appropriate directions orient them on how to navigate through the items and use the tools.
- On-screen practice hints within each item guide students to practice with specific tools and features of the online test. (Note: These hints do not appear in a live test administration)
- The OTT runs on a standard Google Chrome web browser and can be accessed by students and parents outside of the school environment as well.