Class of 2008
10 Year Reunion
October 12, 2018
- Pep Rally at Tiger Stadium (the Middle School Gym in the case of inclement weather)
- Homecoming Parade
- The RHS Student Council will host a reception for members of the class of 2008 (along with spouses and children) before the football game on Friday night in the upstairs room of the field house. Class members can arrive at 5:30 and visit until around 6:30 or game time. Refreshments will be served (cake, chips, nuts, soft drinks). Members of the Class of 2008 can park in the Russellville Elementary School parking lot for easy entrance to the upper level of the field house. Everyone will then be able to enter the stadium from here and will be admitted to the game free of charge. There will be a section of seats reserved for all class reunions at the game.
Class of 1998
20 Year Reunion
October 12, 2018
- 10:30am Pep Rally at Tiger Stadium (the Middle School Gym in the case of inclement weather). Following the Pep Rally meet downtown around Big Star to ride on the Class Float
- 5:15pm - Reception at the RHS Cafeteria.
- 6:15pm - Walk over to the field together. We MUST purchase our own tickets for the game. $7 Adults; $5 Students. We will have reserved seating in the last two sections closest to the field house. It will be marked with our class banner.
- Following the game, social at Rancho Viejo
October 13, 2018
- 6:30pm-10:30pm Class Reunion at the Marriott Shoals Conference Center
- Address for Reunion: 10 Hightower Place, Florence, AL 35630
Class of 1988
30 Year Reunion
October 12, 2018
- 10:30 - Pep Rally at Tiger Stadium (the Middle School Gym in the case of inclement weather) Homecoming Parade. Downtown Russellville We will meet near Big Star and will be riding on an open trailer as a group. We will wear our reunion t-shirts.
- 5:30 - Reception at the High School Media Center before the game. Class introduction at halftime.
- 6:15 - Walk over to the field together. We MUST purchase our own tickets for the game. $7 Adults; $5 Students. We will have reserved seating. After the game we will have a social (approximately 9:00 p.m.) at Twin Pines Country Club at 1855 Country Club Drive, Russellville, AL 35653
October 13, 2018
7:00 PM ~ Class Reunion ~ Swampers Bar & Grille Swampers is located inside the Marriott Shoals in Florence, AL. This restaurant offers options for all who attend to eat, mingle, and listen to local musical talent. Not to mention a great atmosphere to catch up. They are on Facebook if you need more information.
The class reunion t-shirts are black with gold writing. The front will have our Golden Tiger and the back will have a copy of our names from graduation. They MUST be pre-ordered. Extras will not be made. Shirts must be ordered and paid for by September 12. Cost is $15. Please include your size. If you use PayPal, please list your t-shirt size as a note. Please send PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also mail a check to: Paige Hargett, 174 Marshall Drive, Russellville, AL 35654. You may also drop money off at the RHS Office for Paige Hargett.
If you want to book a room at the Marriott Shoals, you need to request the Russellville High School Class of ’88 rate ($164).
Class of 1978
40 Year Reunion
October 12, 2018
Criteria for Reunions at Russellville High School
Russellville High School honors the "10 Year Class Reunion" each year with a reception in the Field House. Refreshments are provided by the Student Council. Persons present for the 10 year reunion and their family members will not be charged for game tickets. Those attending should park in the Russellville Elementary School parking lot. If you arrive after parking tickets are being sold, you will have to pay to park. A designated seating area will be reserved for you at the stadium.
Example, in Fall 2013, we will honor the class that graduated in May 2003.
For classes desiring to have a reunion such as 20-year, 30-year, etc., the school system is happy to provide facilities. The following guidelines have been established:
20 years - RHS Cafeteria
30 years - RHS Media Center
40 years - West Elementary School
50 years - Russellville Elementary School
The system will not be able to provide free tickets or parking to the classes having a reunion - only to the class being honored (10-year).
To have reserved seating, each class will be responsible for reserving a section at the stadium. The areas that can be reserved are the last two sections closest to the Field House.
To be recognized at the game, the class representative must provide a written announcement to the PA announcer prior to the game.
To participate in the homecoming parade, the class representative must notify Mike Powell, 256-331-2027.
Thank you for supporting Russellville City Schools. We are proud to have you on our campuses.
Guidelines for Using Field House During Football Season
To reserve the Quarterback Club Suite of the field house on Friday night during football season, certain requirements must be met.
- A deposit of $500 must be made at the time the facility is reserved.The deposit will provide 65 adult priced football tickets and includes the cost of cleaning the facility. This does not include the cost of parking. If additional tickets are needed, they can be purchased at the gate or from the high school office. The class may use the room on Saturday if notice is given. The class will be responsible for Friday night cleaning and Saturday set-up, if the room is used on Saturday. The room will only be cleaned one time by school staff after the planned event(s).
- The facility will be reserved on a first-come basis on non-homecoming games.
- If cancellation notice is given 60 days prior to event, a refund will be given less $100.
- No refreshments will be furnished by the school. However, you will have access to the kitchen.
- Gambling and the use of alcoholic beverages or tobacco products on campus is prohibited.
- Any group using school property shall be liable for any loss, damage, or expense that may arise during or be caused in any way by such use or occupancy of school property. In the event property loss is incurred, the amount of the damage shall be decided by the principal.
- There shall be no permanent signs, banners, pennants, or other accouterments placed in or on school buildings or on school grounds. Temporary identification signs may be used only during the actual hours the facility is used. At the conclusion of the use of the facility, the group must remove all signs.
- The use of the building by an outside organization shall in no way restrict or limit the normal instructional program during regular school hours. Further, the use of any school equipment is specifically prohibited unless prior approval has been received from the principal.
The Quarterback Club Suite of the field house can only be reserved for a class reunion and only on Saturday night. The cost is $200 and is payable at the time the building is reserved. Rules 2-8 above also apply.