1. To provide opportunities for personal developement and preparation for adult life.
2. To strengthen the function of the family a basic unit of society.
3. To encourage democracy through cooperative action in home and community.
4. To encourage individual and group involvement in helping achieve global cooperation and harmony.
5. To promote greater understanding between youth and adults.
6. To provide opportunities for making decisions and for assuming responsibilities.
7. To prepare multiple roles of men and women in today's society.
8. To promote family and consumer sciences education and related occupations.